Sometimes, a great date night can be as simple as pulling out a board game. All you really need are a few excellent game choices for 2 players on hand that aren’t gathering dust. Finding fun 2 player games can be a little challenging, so we’re sharing our Top 10 Date Night Games with you. We like things that are fast and interactive, and we almost always play for stakes. Check the bottom of our post for some “Date Night Game Additions” list to bring some extra zing to the table.
Our absolute number 1 favorite date night game is Yamslam, and we included it in our April DateBox! We can tell you that it’s fun, addictive, and you can play over and over again without getting bored. You also won’t find it on any of those date night lists floating around. We tested over 25 “new” games we hadn’t played to find the absolute perfect inclusion for our April box. We’re always on the hunt for new games to bring you, so don’t be surprised to see our favorites change! We also like that you can play this with 4 or 5 people, so it’s a great family game as well.
OUR TOP 10 DATE NIGHT GAMES FOR COUPLES:
- Big Boggle: We love the speed we can blow through a bunch of games.
- Bananagrams: Super Portable & much more exciting than Scrabble
- Sequence: Easy to learn, longer to play but easy to chat while playing
- Backgammon: We’ve played this together since dating, our love of Istanbul seals the deal
- Scattergories Catergories: A new twist on the classic game
- Jenga: We especially love the themed versions (like Throw & Go) of this excellent game
- Niya: Combining Tic Tac Toe with strategy & very fun
- Battleship: Never loses it’s fun for us
- Word A Round: Easy to learn, impossible to stop playing! Plus small enough to travel
- Spectrix: a fresh take on Rummy, colorful & strategic
DATE NIGHT GAME ADDITIONS:
- Music: Stream a great playlist or radio. We like Gorge Ezra & Train, pick something you love
- You can create your own mix tape for free at SUAN.FM, check out our Mixtape here
- Reward: We’re competitive, and almost have something up for grabs! If you want to put a sexy spin on things, you can purchase some Love Dice and winner gets a free roll. Of course back rubs, and sleep in days are always a winner too!
- Beverages: If it’s a date night, then we will be pouring beer & wine liberally! Make it a beer tasting with a flight of some sampler beers. You can line up glasses or go all out with one of these adorable beer flight holders.
- Snacks: Make it special and put out something you can snack on for a while. We’re big cheese and nut fans. Our favorite cheese to nibble on is Beemster Vlaskaas (found in most supermarkets specialty cheese areas). We serve it with grapes, crackers and almonds.
- Popcorn: is another easy, fun addition to game night. Add some toppings to microwave popcorn to make it special. Here is a quick recipe for our favorite.
PARMESAN TRUFFLED POPCORN RECIPE:
- 1 large bowl of freshly popped popcorn.
- 1/2 stick of salted butter.
- 2 tablespoons truffle oil.
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese.
Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat or in the microwave. Remove from heat and stir in truffle oil. Drizzle mixture over popcorn, then add the Parmesan cheese and toss to coat.