Dinner and a movie. Sound like your latest date night? Or maybe your last 10 date nights? Dating is important, whether you're in a new relationship, you've been together for a while, or you've been married for years. But sometimes, we get stuck in a rut, doing the same thing over and over. It's good to mix things up a bit, but it's often hard to think of new ideas. It's time to think outside, or maybe inside, the box with some fresh games night ideas for couples.
Sharing and growing together reconnects you with your spouse, enhancing your relationship. This keeps your connection with your partner strong all year round. But you don't always have to go out on the town. Sometimes, a simple walk on the beach or a fantastic board game can bring you closer together than a night out. Often, when at a movie or out about town, we focus on our surroundings, but being together at home and spending quality time connecting through a game can strengthen your intimate bond and relieve stress. Even if you've been a couple for a while, people change. You'll most likely learn something you didn't know.
A couple that plays together, stays together. A couples game night is a fantastic idea for something new and exciting. Date night at home can add a fun new twist to the time spent together. A fun couples game is a great way to bring a little friendly competition between you and your significant other. Need some couple game night ideas? Try a Truth or Dare Topple, with each "Jenga" piece having a fun dare or a glimpse of a truth that needs to be shared with your partner. Or partake in a puzzle war to see who can fit all the pieces of their puzzle together first. Try another favorite, Yamslam, which can also be played with the kids when date night is over.
Sometimes, finding couples games can be difficult, so we've decided to share some of our favorite date night games with you. Not only are these games designed to bring you closer together as a couple, but they are fast, fun, interactive, and addictive. These games are great for connecting with your partner and having a friendly little competition with each other. They are perfect for just the two of you and will have you looking forward to enjoying date night at home more often.
So grab your favorite bottle of wine and share some laughter, compassion, and intimacy. Put aside your worries, put your kids to bed, and focus on your partner for the evening. Here are 10 of our favorite date night games for couples — and a few additions for the perfect date — right in your living room.
Our of our favorite date night games is Yamslam. We can tell you that it’s fun, addictive, and you can play over and over again without getting bored. You also won’t find it on any of those date night lists floating around. We test loads of games to include in our dame night datebooks, and this is a favorite. If Yahtzee and Poker had a baby, it would be YamSlam. We also like that you can play this with 4 or 5 people, so it’s a great family game as well.
OUR TOP 10 DATE NIGHT GAMES FOR COUPLES:
- Big Boggle: We love the speed we can blow through a bunch of games.
- Bananagrams: Super Portable & much more exciting than Scrabble
- Sequence: Easy to learn, longer to play but easy to chat while playing
- Backgammon: We’ve played this together since dating, our love of Istanbul seals the deal
- Scattergories Catergories: A new twist on the classic game
- Jenga: We especially love the themed versions (like Throw & Go) of this excellent game
- Nada: Fast paced dice game, 2 or more players. Easy travel item
- Battleship: Never loses it’s fun for us
- Word A Round: Easy to learn, impossible to stop playing! Plus small enough to travel
- Spectrix: a fresh take on Rummy, colorful & strategic
DATE NIGHT GAME ADDITIONS:
- Music: Stream a great playlist or radio. We like Gorge Ezra & Train, pick something you love. You can create your own mix tape for free at SUAN.FM, check out our Mixtape here
- Reward: We’re competitive, and almost have something up for grabs! If you want to put a sexy spin on things, you can purchase some Love Dice and winner gets a free roll. Of course back rubs, and sleep in days are always a winner too!
- Beverages: If it’s a date night, then we will be pouring beer & wine liberally! Make it a beer tasting with a flight of some sampler beers. You can line up glasses or go all out with one of these adorable beer flight holders.
- Snacks: Make it special and put out something you can snack on for a while. We’re big cheese and nut fans. Our favorite cheese to nibble on is Beemster Vlaskaas (found in most supermarkets specialty cheese areas). We serve it with grapes, crackers and almonds.
- Popcorn: is another easy, fun addition to game night. Add some toppings to microwave popcorn to make it special. Here is a quick recipe for our favorite.
PARMESAN TRUFFLED POPCORN RECIPE:
- 1 large bowl of freshly popped popcorn.
- 1/2 stick of salted butter.
- 2 tablespoons truffle oil.
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese.
Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat or in the microwave. Remove from heat and stir in truffle oil. Drizzle mixture over popcorn, then add the Parmesan cheese and toss to coat.
At-home date night can be a lot of fun for you and your significant other. If you're looking forward to your next at-home date night, try one of our date night boxes. By letting us handle your next date night, you can take the stress out of the planning and just enjoy the evening with your partner. Our date night boxes have everything you need to enjoy an evening at home, including fun new couples games. You can get new couples' games night ideas every month, delivered right to your door.
Experience a new type of connection that at-home dates can provide. DateBox Club can help you focus on your relationship in a simple, healthy, and affordable way. Order your boxes now to create special moments each month with your partner and learn to love them all over again.