Date Night Discovery Session
Great relationships don't just build themselves, and problems don't just go away. Just like your business, you need to invest time and understanding to nurture and build your most important relationship.
Our Date Night Discovery Session combines the fun of a group date night with the takeaway of a workshop.
We're Gottman certified, which means you'll be getting all the benefits and tools from their research, packaged up in a fun and insightful session.
For over 30 years Dr. Gottman studied and analyzed the habits of couples that had difficult relationships and couples that had exceptional relationships. And through his research he discovered the strategies for making their relationships work.
The Principles for Making Marriage Work discovery workshop will give you new insights and research-based relationship skills that can dramatically increase your relationship satisfaction right away. This entertaining workshop combines teaching and demonstrations, with one-on-one work sessions where couples focus on their relationship with each other.
Key take aways include:
- Foster deeper respect, affection and closeness towards each other
- Communicate more effectively with your partner
- Make conflict work for your relationship
- Strengthen and maintain the good things in your relationship
- Deepen intimacy and build trust
- Improve intimacy and friendship in your relationship
If you already have a strong relationship, this session will provide you with insights and tools to make it even better. If your relationship is in a rutt, this session will provide the roadmap to repair.
Led by Mike and Maureen Birdsall
Mike and Maureen have been married for 35 years, launched 4 companies together, and been EO members since 2001. They have a unique understanding of the relationship stress that can burden entrepreneurs. They have dedicated themselves to helping couples connect in fun ways through their subscription box business DateBox Club, and are passionate about building and nurturing relationships. Their workshop is fun, entertaining, but best of all gives couples concrete tools to enhance their connection. They believe these sessions should be fun and experience focused, filled with storytelling and plenty of time for couples to practice connecting.
What to Expect:
- 2 hour Date Night Discovery workshop, covering the first 3 modules of the 7 Principles Gottman book.
- Mini bite-sized sessions with examples, storytelling, and workbook activity time.
- Each person gets a workbook, and will be doing the exercises throughout the session with their partner.
- This experience is hands on, and the time will fly by.
- Each couple will be gifted a date night activity.
- There will be no public "group sharing" between couples. This is an intimate setting, and each couple will be their own pod.
- Each couple will receive a discount for the last 4 modules (to be done over Zoom at a later date).
- Inclusive of all types of committed couples: newlyweds, empty nesters, same sex, long time daters. Not appropriate for singles, or couples in major distress.
- The 2 hour session is a $300 investment per couple ($100 per module). The fee drops to $200 per couple after 15 couples have registered. Minimum of 5 couples.
- Travel expenses for Mike & Maureen. If flying internationally, we request business class.
- Equipment: AV & Microphone
- Room: School style setup, with a minimum of 1 full chair space between couples, or small bistro tables. We need each couple to feel they are in a private space so that they can speak intimately.
Questions or to Connect: