Do you know your Love Language, or more importantly your partner’s Love Language? Every person is born with a unique love language. And it’s through this particular language that we receive and speak love to others.
For example, while one person may think that acts of service (doing something for someone else) and words of affirmation (“I appreciate you”) prove their love, their partner thinks that spending quality time together, and physical touch, are what show love.
It’s important to figure out what each of your primary “love languages” are. It’s even more important to communicate with your partner in a way that they receive love. Focusing on each other’s primary love language can help you both show your love for each other in a way you each understand. These love language date night ideas will have you both swooning in your own unique ways!
It’s fun and easy to find out your Love Language HERE with the free online test.
Do you already know your Love Language? The jump down here and check out these free Love Language Date Night Ideas.
Physical Touch Date Night Ideas
- Find a beautiful location for walking in your city and take a long stroll holding hands and watching the sunset after a nice dinner.
- Go to a theater that has double seating, or lifting armrests so you can snuggle together. Of course, you can have an at home date night too, and watch Netflix snuggled on the couch.
- Have a romantic spa night at home. Get a babysitter or put the kids to bed and draw an aromatherapy bath to take together and give each other massages. We have a great post on creating a sexy bath together here.
- Take an online dance lesson and go out and dance the night away.
- Take a couples yoga class and work on poses you can go together.
- Pretend you're back in high school, and have a romantic makeout session all night.
- Take an evening swim in the pool or hot tub and be sure to snuggle close.
- Play a sport together or learn a new one like golfing.
- Cook dinner at home and be sure to work together with lots of flirting and fun.
- Play a fun sexy game! Check out our downloadable Flirty Foreplay Here
Words of Affirmation Date Night Ideas
- Set up a scavenger hunt date with notes that say something special about your spouse as they find each clue and location.
- Ask your partner out on a date by sending a loving video text message.
- Go to dinner, and while enjoying your meal focus on sharing how much your spouse means to you and present them with a hand-written letter sharing your loving words.
- Create a love book for your partner - our 50 Reasons Why I Love You Book makes it really fun and easy.
- Ask your partner what would be their dream vacation. Surprise them by recreating that vacation in your city. This shows that you hear them and want to make their dreams come true.
- Create a heartfelt video and present it to them in a big way like your TV at home during a date night in.
- Create a book of poetry and read it to your partner at a local poetry reading, or over a glass of wine.
- Have a day date where you set goals together to accomplish each other’s dreams together.
- Have a vow renewal. This doesn’t need to be a big shindig like a wedding, but a simple date together where you write down, and say your created vows to one another as a reminder of your love for each other.
- Ask each other these 36 Questions.
Quality Time Date Night Ideas
- Have a picnic in the park.
- Take a fun wine and painting class. Or do one at home - try ours - it's one of our top sellers!
- Go for a run, hike, bike ride, or long walk together. This can be a day date for exercise and fun.
- Visit a local museum.
- Go on a road trip and choose locations your partner has always wanted to visit. Make sure to download our free "Road Trip Games for Couples".
- Visit a farmer’s market and go home and prepare a delicious meal together.
- Recreate your first date.
- Have a pajama day and stay in bed all day - binge watching your favorite shows.
- Attend a sporting event and go crazy rooting for your team.
- Take a pottery class and try to recreate the famous scene from Ghost just for kicks.
Receiving Gifts Date Ideas
- Get matching tattoos.
- Take your wedding photos and turn them into a gorgeous photo book.
- Go on a mini-shopping at the Dollar Store. Each have a $10 limit, and present your gifts over dinner.
- Create a new tradition together. This could be an activity, or giving each other a memento at certain times each year.
- Go on an Art & Wine date, and purchase a piece of art that you both love.
- Create a Pinterest board together with your holiday gifting ideas.
- Learn a new skill together like painting or crafting and give each other your finished projects.
- Plan an epic romantic getaway right in your city.
- Host a dinner in their honor to celebrate a recent win, inviting close friends.
- Design a custom mug on Zazzle.com.
Acts of Service Date Night Ideas
- Do all your partner's regular chores and then take them out on one of these date night ideas to celebrate all their new free time.
- Do a home decor DIY project together.
- Volunteer to serve in your community together.
- Go to an Escape Room event and work together to escape.
- Have a plan to go around and do random acts of kindness for others.
- Stay in and have a massage and movie night together.
- Take a cooking class together and cook each other a gourmet meal.
- Have a tech-free day and be focused only on one another.
- Wash and gas up your partner’s car.
- Steal your spouse away from work for a surprise, stress-free lunch date.